Today Kate came home in a completely different outfit than the one I sent her in. When I checked her backpack, it had one bag with her shorts and shirt from the morning. The shorts had poop on the back of them, on the outside. The shirt had poop transfer from being balled up in the bag with the shorts. Kate has never pooped in her underwear during the day. She stopped pooping in her diapers at about 1 year old (occasionally some diaper poop when her schedule was off). When we asked Kate what happened, she says she pooped in the toilet but got poop on her shorts. Couple of things here - 1. How does that happen anyway? 2. No note or explanation from the school staff when I picked her up. 3. Do you think they could have at least rinsed the poop off before putting them in the plastic bag? Do you know how hard that stain will be to get out now? 4. What is up with putting the shirt in the same bag? That just made it worse.
Now this is our first experience with a preschool so tell me if I am asking too much here. The other day Kate got pizza for lunch but no bib - the staff doesn't believe in bibs for 2 year olds. They say if you stop putting a bib on then the child will stop spilling on herself. I got a pizza sauce stained shirt home in a plastic bag, no attempt to rinse or wipe off shirt either. Treated and soaked that shirt for over a day and the stains are still there....not bad but I can see them. Is this what I can expect from a preschool? I don't expect the clothes to be soaped, etc but come on...throw it in a bag and let the stain soak in for half a day?
Todd thinks I am making too big of a deal out of all this. He says call the school and ask about the poop incident. I probably will but she moves to her new school in less than 2 weeks so I don't know if it really matters. I will definitely be asking about these types of issues before she starts at the new place.
What really bothers me is what is happening with Kate to make her "miss" the potty? She has been out of diapers for 3 months now and rarely misses when she is with us. I worry that the stress of school is causing potty issues. Or maybe I should say, is school stressing her and what can I do about it? For my other moms reading this blog, please leave comments for me on this issue - Thanks.
This one
15 years ago
1 comment:
I think it's a little of both. It has to do with her feelings and control. In my opinion. Zack stil isn't potty trained and has NO interest in the potty. I know he is a boy and they are late but this is getting old for me. Maybe school needs to give her a little more time. There is also a "potty watch" you can put on her that makes pretty chimes to remind her to ask to go more often.
Post a Comment