Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Summer Fun

Kate has been in summer camp preschool most of June & July. First we did 3 half days per week and since that went well, we tried 3 full days per week. Last week she was out of school since we went to SeaWorld but this week we are back for her last week. She goes to "summer camp" Tues/Wed/Fri from 9 am to 3 pm. I wasn't sure if she would nap at school but her teachers say she does fine. We were having occasional issues with wet underwear at school - at first she didn't want to tell anyone but us that she needed to use the potty. That seems to be better - today she was in the same pair of underwear when I picked her up as when I dropped her off. I was very excited!

Starting Aug 18th, Kate will be in full-time preschool at New Horizons. It is very near our home and a great little private school that only goes up to the 3rd grade. The outdoor playground is big and well shaded by a few very big trees. I am currently looking for a full-time job and will continue to do Mary Kay part-time on the side. I am excited about going back to a "regular" job, which may sound strange to some of you, but I am not cut out to be a full-time, at home mama.

By the way, it has been a rainy summer for us, which is great because it is saving our water bill since we don't have to water the lawn as much. Not too long ago we installed a new A/C system (had to - old one died) and our electric bill actually went down $10 or so last month. That was kind of exciting. Geez...the life of married with child - how exciting!?

No comments: