Tuesday, August 19, 2008

School & TS Fay

Well, Kate's first day of school went really well. She ate her lunch, took her nap, and went potty all day with no wet underwear. Her teachers were very impressed. The school was so nice - they actually called Todd mid-morning or so to let us know that Kate was doing well and had adapted nicely. Todd said she was very happy when he picked her up.

Then today no school - yesterday they announced all area schools would be closed today b/c they weren't sure where the storm would hit. Lots of people were off work too. They even closed the public library - one of the places I like to take Kate when we have time. And, of course, no storm in our area at all! It was a bit windy and it rained for about 20 mins this afternoon - that was all we got of TS Fay. Don't get me wrong - I don't want a hurricane at my door but it sucked that everything was closed for no reason.

I took Kate to the YMCA this morning and when we pulled into the Y parking lot she said "where's my school?" I explain as best I could about the storm and why she didn't have school today. So much for consistency...

Side note - Kate has been sick (cold) for over a week now. At first it was nothing serious, just little runny nose and some sneezing and no fever. But for the last 3 - 4 days a deep chest cough has developed. It has lots of phlem - she almost chokes when she coughs sometimes b/c of the phlem she brings up and doesn't know how to spit it out. Our ped said to try Dimetapp C & C and if she doesn't show improvement in 48 hrs then he wants to see her.

No comments: