Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What a day!

Todd left early this morning on a two day business trip. It is his first trip since April. Things at AutoMart/AutoTrader are in a bit of upheaval lately so he thinks it might be his last trip this year. Thankfully Kate is in school so I don't have her 24/7 with no break like when he travelled in the past. I know it probably sounds bad but I don't have the most patience and when I have Kate for extended periods like that, I start to lose it!

I pick her up today and the teachers inform me she pooped in her pants after nap while on the playground. Apparently she didn't want to stop playing to go potty and then comes in from outside and doesn't tell them she went in her pants. They smell it, find her, and turns out it was runny poop (what fun!). She got poop down her pant leg, on her sock and on her BRAND-NEW shoes! UGH! They did rinse out her clothes and shoes and I washed as soon as we got home. We have to wait and see how the shoe turns out. We threw out the underwear and one sock. I didn't have spare shoes for her at school so they put Kate in an extra pair they have for emergencies - they are 1/2 a size too small and they put them on without socks. I don't know why - she has two extra pairs at school in her cubby. Now she has "rub" sores on the backs of her heels from those shoes.

The rest of the afternoon/evening was ok but I was a bit stressed out. I had leftovers planned for Kate and it went bad so I picked out something else for her to eat - she didn't like it as well. I was trying to occupy her while I fixed our food so I let her have the Windex spray bottle and a paper towel. She really wanted to "clean the counter". I've done this many times before with her and she has done fine. Not tonight. She sprays herself in the face - it totally freaked me out. I rush her to the tub to rinse her eyes out with water - this freaks her out. What a disaster! Thankfully she was fine - I think she just got her cheek.

During this time, a guy with one of the staffing agencies with which I registered calls to talk about a job. Few minutes of Blah, blah, blah and "oh, it pays $14 an hour." WHAT??? I made more than that 10 years ago before I even had my degree. What an insult!

Now that I've got that all out I feel better - time to kick back and relax before bed. After all, Kate will most likely be up at 6 am.

1 comment:

Beccaboo and family too said...

OH MY GOD... I can't thank you enough for this blog. It made me feel so much better that I have had so many days like that too. Sometimes I can go threw 3 meals before Zack finally eats. I can't do the... if they don't eat, they don't eat thing.
I too go nuts having my little angel for an extended period of time with no breaks. That is the story of my life! I can't wait till his MDO starts next Tuesday. I am going NUTS!!!