Friday, August 8, 2008

Funny & frustrating

Today was Kate's last day at summer camp - they said she did great. No wet underwear, no pizza sauce on her shirt - Yeah!

Not so great at bathtime. She seems to do fine when it is just Kate and Daddy but if Mommy is home we end up with fussing and crying. Last night she starts crying and yelling for Mommy for no apparent reason - Todd was just finishing bath. I try to ignore the behavior b/c it just makes it harder for Todd. Then Kate says "Pattie? Mommy? I'm crying." We had to laugh but Kate didn't think it was funny that I was "ignoring" her. As soon as I go to her, the crying stops immediately, she hugs me, and the thumb goes in the mouth. Short of leaving the house every night at bathtime, I don't know what to do. Teeth brushing gets crying almost every night no matter who does the brushing - it is getting old. No matter how upset she gets the dentist says we must brush her teeth every night.

Next week is no school - I am planning playdates, library time, and A Play Patch at least twice. I do have my babysitter on Wed and Fri afternoon so I get some Kate-free time. I notice she is less fussy when she spends time with someone else and then gets Mommy back.

Count down to our trip to MI - seven weeks from tomorrow we leave. This will be the first time Kate gets to see Grandpa that she might actually remember him.

No comments: