Spent an hour on the phone this morning with Alisa, a girlfriend of mine here locally. It was so good to talk to her and just get caught up. She has 2 children and one is a 13 yr old boy who plays football and she is the team mom. She is so busy with her kids that she has no time for herself and her husband is only moderately helpful. She promised me some face to face time after football season is over.
I am relishing this "extra" time I have right now before I go back to work. I know it will be soon - I can feel it. Once work starts, plus school, plus life, I know I will look back and think of things I should have done while I could. Or at least not complained about the spare time. Still some days I long to be in an office and to feel like I am productive. Today has been good so far - great workout this morning, cleaned the bathrooms, leftovers for lunch, some job hunting, and after this posting, on to some reading for school.
Alisa and I talked about Catholicism b/c she is sending her son to classes for the sacraments. I asked her why she would do that when she herself didn't like the 10 years of Catholic school she went to. I told her I consider myself a recovering Catholic - took me years to get away from all that religious crap. Bottom-line for me, I don't believe in religion. I believe in spirituality. Organized religion makes people do stupid things, in the name of belief. Just my two cents worth for today.
We are probably going bed shopping for Kate this week. I don't know that she really cares one way or the other. We've talked to her about a bed - she seems mildly interested. Too funny - yesterday Todd was up first and Kate wasn't awake yet so he just opened the door to her room so the noise would wake her naturally. About 10 mins later, he hears "You can't just leave me in here." She is so funny sometimes - I don't know where these things come from.
Todd taught her our address - we keep asking her everyday to see if she remembers and so far, so good. And apparently at school they recite the Pledge of Allegiance b/c now she is saying it at home. I assume that is where she picked it up. Even for Kate I am pretty amazed at that one - the words are long and it is rather complex. She is only 28 months old.
She is entering a clothing phase - she only wants to wear certain things and gets very upset if you try to put something else on. You can't force her to wear anything b/c she knows how to get undressed. If she doesn't like it, off it comes. I tried pants this morning and she immediately crys "No, I want a dress." I managed to convince her to wear a scooter skirt but only b/c I bribed her with her favorite Dora shirt that lights up. I think the days of shopping for clothes without her are over.
This one
15 years ago
1 comment:
I love your comment about being a recovering Catholic. I remember that... I was little but I will never forget the first time I went to a Baptist Church. I was so confused!!! However, Ricardo and I pick NO one title to call ourselves (Baptist, Methodist, and the lists go on) because really I don't think just ONE is right... So many wars and fights have been over who is right, and who is wrong. Who can prove it one way or the other?
Zack has been trying to dress himself as well. The pizza guy looked down at his feet a few days ago and said, "Wow man, those are some cool socks". He had on one grey and one yellow. Not bad, but still just one more way they assert their independence. It's only going to get worse.
We got Zack going pee on the potty a few times a day.
I got a part time job... I wrote about it in the blog. Not too bad at all.
Post a Comment