Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday update


Todd and Kate are outside putting up Halloween decorations. He actually bought the orange lights to hang up, similar to Xmas lights. We also have a "bag" with a sensor so when you walk past, it cackles and says "Happy Halloween". Kate likes it so much Todd had to put it away for now b/c she won't stop running in front of it. We are still unsure of taking her trick or treating or just staying home. She doesn't know what candy is and I like it that way. Todd would end up eating all her stuff anyway.

We were in Lowe's last night and it is full of Xmas stuff already, of course. We walk in and Kate says "Christmas!" We went to another part of the store and Kate says "I want to go back to Christmas." Only two and already she associates the commercialism and stuff with Christmas - I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry. She has informed us she wants a "soft pony" for Christmas this year. She saw a Webkinz horse in a store at the airport and that is what she wants. At least her requests are still cheap and easy - for now.

I got an A on my first paper so I am happy with that. We turn in our first group paper/project today. I think we did ok but it is not my best effort.

The picture is Kate and the horse lesson - the horse is named Bucky and Sarah was the instructor. Kate is loving the pictures - actually asked to take one of the pictures in the crib yesterday at naptime.

No comments: