Oh my gosh, what a week! I have so much stuff running around in my head that I can't possibly get it all out. MI was great - Kate loved Uncle Gene, Aunt Mary, and Grandpa. She took a bit to warm up to Uncle Gene b/c he is currently sporting a full beard in anticipation of deer hunting season. She doesn't really like facial hair - I think mostly b/c Todd is clean-shaven so beards weird her out. The weather turned quite cold (30s in the am) the last 3 days we were there. I didn't have a warm enough jacket and we put 2 jackets on Kate. It was great! Came home and I wasn't off the plane 30 mins before I was sweating - Ugh!
We spent a day running around Ann Arbor and surrounding area - we are thinking of moving up there once we can sell our house here. The area is lovely - all I hoped for. Ann Arbor is fairly major since it has U of M and there are very nice small towns around the outskirts in which to live. We took Kate to a horse farm and she did a 30 min riding lesson. It was very basic since she is rather young still for riding. The instructor said she did really well for age 2. They don't usually do any lessons until age 4.
Traveling home yesterday Kate didn't really get a nap - she fell asleep for all of 30 mins on the plane right before we landed. She was SO tired - she was watching Madagascar (again!) and just fell asleep in my arms. One minute eyes open, next minute fell over into my arm. She is still a bit off - been a little cranky today. But hell, so am I.
The sucky part of vacation is coming home. Unpack the bags, do a crapload of laundry, house is a mess (cat litter all over) and tired. The poor cats - our catsitter was not paying attention and let their water fountain run dry and I mean totally dry. When we got home last night, the cats were dying of thirst. Cosmo must have drunk from the sink for 5 mins straight and then went back for more. My mood hasn't been great either - started my period on the plane home yesterday. I just hate that I can't get control over those 2 or 3 days right before and just starting my period. My thoughts turn all dark and depressing/angry. I snap at Todd and Kate for the littlest things. I try to override it and keep it down inside but sometimes I just want to scream at anyone for no reason. Am I the only one who has this problem?
I am behind on school work since we were gone. I did some while we were at Mary and Gene's house but no reading. I have lots to read this week and my first group paper is due Saturday. One of my group members emailed late Friday that she is dropping the class so we are down to 3 people.
Upside - had a phone interview for a great job while in MI. It is an excellent position, good company with great benefits, and close to home. Please keep me in your prayers - I would love this job. Will be at least a week before I hear about a 2nd interview.
Will upload some pictures of Kate as soon as I get around to downloading the camera - could be a few days.
This one
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment