Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday update

First thing - please check out this blog... I like their stuff. http://lastofourkind.blogspot.com/

Second - checked on the big job today. Turns out they have another interview next week so it will be at least one more week before I know anything. I am not happy about this. By the time of the last interview next week (Wed), it will be 2 weeks since they saw me. Let's face it - people tend to forget. Even if they liked me, they will have a hard time comparing me to this last candidate since that person is so fresh in their mind and I am not. When interviewing you tend to remember the beginning and the end and not so much the people in the middle. Still applying to other stuff. Talked to Accountemps today - they might have something for me. Will follow up with them on Monday.

We bought a little person table and 2 chairs today for Kate. We got it used off Craigslist. She loves it. It needs a sanding and repainting but is solid so it should last. Tomorrow we are going to look at a twin bed for her. We looked at new but no matter what we picked it was going to be $600ish with tax and delivery. We just can't spend that right now.

No comments: