Like every day of my life now, I am supposed to be doing something other than what I am doing. This is b/c I have a ten things each day that need to get done but really only time for about five of them so I am constantly trying to squeeze in activities I want to do (like blog) but don't really have time for. I am supposed to be on a strict schedule in the morning. When Todd leaves to take Kate to preschool, I am supposed to shower and get dressed so I can start my work day at 8:30 am. This is the up and down side to working from home - flexibility and flexibility. It is nice that I can take a quick break while working to drop in a load of laundry but I have to be careful to not do too much of house stuff b/c then my paid work is not getting done. Still not entirely sure I like working from home. There is definitely something to be said for going into an office.
Kate this morning, and most mornings, is getting more difficult to deal with. I keep waiting for this "it gets easier bullsh**" that I keep hearing from moms with older children. When might that be? This morning, just trying to get 2 barrettes in her hair (which insisted she have today), was a 10 min ordeal. She could not decide what color(s) she wanted and kept insisting on 3 or more barrettes. I kept saying she could have 2 and that she only needed two. Oh Lord! And, she says "I'll go ask Daddy" and he tells her she can have 3 barrettes - What? Where am I going to put 3 barrettes at? Finally got her out the door for school with two barrettes in her hair. If it isn't barrettes, it is something else - clothes, shoes, food, drink. She HAS to have this or won't do THAT. Ugh! Also, moms with older children tell you to enjoy this stage - "you will miss these days when she is older" - really? I think they have a faulty memory. I look forward to the day when I can reason with my child and she really understands, even if she doesn't like it.
This one
15 years ago
2 comments:
hahaahha!!! Yeah, I know that is RIGHT. I am tired of hearing it's going to get easier and you will miss it. Yes I miss PARTS of both kids being babies...but not much. I miss the fact they couldn't talk back, didn't insist on giving their 2 cents, and pretty much stayed where I put them. I love the little things Zack comes up with and he can really make me laugh, but this fighting for everything gets OLD. I am glad we are on the same page. I had to put Zack back in MDO because he was getting so bored and driving me bonkers!
GO TAKE A SHOWER, I CAN SMELL YOU OVER HERE! LMAO.
Post a Comment