I just realized something, looking around our half painted rental house. Since the age of 16, I've not lived in the same place for more than two years, with one exception, which was my first apartment in Cinti before I moved to Houston. It makes me sad. I am 37 years old and still don't have a home. I mean, my family is 'home' but I would like stability. Todd and I have talked and we agree that this must stop. We have to find a place we want to stay and make it work - no more moving around to take this job and that.
I am tired of emailing all my friends b/c no one lives near me to go for coffee or get dinner. I finally got friends and playmates for Kate in Palm Harbor and then we left. I miss my friends in Palm Harbor and going to the office. I am tired of moving new places and leaving people behind and feeling isolated for a year or more until I get to know some people.
Todd's new job is not working out so good. We are not sure what to do. I can't stand for him to be unhappy and stressed out everyday - it makes me and Kate unhappy too. I want a happy family.
This one
15 years ago
1 comment:
I know this doesn't help, but I have been there. We moved EVERY two years growing up. This house we have been at for almost 6 years. I don't like the house, but moving is going to hurt. I brought both babies "home" here. I went to 2 elementary schools, 3 middle schools and 2 high schools. It was a horrible feeling. That is why I only have ONE long term friend.
I wish I was there! I would totally take you out for coffee, and some ice cream.
You and Todd have made a great commitment to stop the moving and that is a huge step. Now the trouble is finding where you can build a life you love. Do you have anyplace in mind. Wanting to stay in Florida?
Post a Comment