Todd's new job is no more - it was not working out. Without going into great detail, let's just say the owner turned out to be a real ass. Just one example: On Todd's third day of work, the owner says, "by the way, it really pissed me off that you took a lunch on Monday". Monday was his first day on the job. I think that tells you what kind of person he was dealing with.
So, Todd has an opportunity to start his own business, working with former co-workers from AutoMart. He would be putting together a book, doing graphic art work from home. We will need to invest in some special software but other than that, it should be a fairly easy start up.
As for me, I had a large school assignment due yesterday and I managed to get it done. It was not my best work but I don't care anymore. The semester is almost over and I am tired. I've written more crap this semester than when I took "writing" classes. It has been ridiculous. At this point, I figure A or B doesn't really matter. When I go to look for a job with my new CPA license, they are not going to ask my GPA.
I just talked to my mom. On her way home from Tallahassee to Cincy, she experienced what I like to think of as Karma. Her flight from Tally to Atlanta was late getting in and she missed her connecting flight. Then apparently bad weather set in and Delta was grounding all flights til further notice. Turns out Mom didn't get home to Cincy til 3 am - woops. She spent hours in the Altanta airport and was starving. She made Delta give her a voucher for food even though she had 2 credit cards on her. She thought she couldn't use credit cards at Burger King at the airport. Personally I don't think she wanted to ....she doesn't like to use credit cards for much of anything. She is paranoid about fraud.
This one
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment