Well unfortunately we only had the one really successful night. After that it was back to the issues. Last night it took her an hour to go to sleep and Todd sat with her the whole time. Tonight was the topper - she just fell asleep about 15 mins ago at 9:45 pm!! We first put her in bed at 7:30 pm. We don't know what the deal is but I am starting to think there is something really wrong with Kate. We've never had sleep issues this bad, for this long, ever before. Tonight I even tried letting her play by herself with the little light on. I just told her not to leave her room - that didn't work either. I can understand she wants one of us to be in there but that is not getting her to sleep either. She tosses and turns and kicks the covers off repeatedly.
Her school has said she naps about an hour and half on average while at school and I know she is very active while she is there. So lack of sleep and lack of activity, which can sometimes cause bedtime issues, are not the problem. We've been in the new house for a month now and the sleep issues have gotten worse, not better, so the moving thing doesn't seem to be the problem. I have noticed some comments from her lately that seem to show more understanding on her part that Palm Harbor is gone and we don't live there anymore.
We really miss her old preschool, New Horizons. The children were nicer and Kate was loved by all her classmates. When we dropped her off in the morning, the other kids would smother her with affection. They were always excited to see Kate. At her new school, sometimes the other little girls tell her to "get away" and "leave me alone". I think it hurts her feelings. The other day one little boy hit her in the face with a plastic toy (he was talked to) and it left a bruise and scratch on her face. Kate's current preschool was recommended by another preschool director as one of the best in Tallahassee. It seems like the teachers try but for whatever reason some of the children in Kate's class are very bratty. Not sure if there is anything really we can do right now.
This one
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment