We are trying a new tactic. No helping her get to sleep at all. We realized over the last six months, b/c she was sick so often, we had been doing all sorts of things to help her sleep: rubbing her back; rocking her; sitting on the floor by her bed. I swear to you this child used to go to sleep with no issues. So far things are going very poorly. Last night Todd sat outside her door and she was up and down until 9:30 pm!! And then she was up at 5:50 am this morning. Tonight was my turn to sit outside her door. About 5 mins ago Todd came and relieved me of duty b/c I was threatening to spank her, among other things. It is so awful!! She is not just up and down out of bed, but yells at us to not touch her, leave her alone, pushes us away, etc. You can't put her back in bed unless you force her to lay down. She laughs in your face. She seems to think this is all a big game. Tonight I especially do not understand as she should be exhausted from way too little sleep last night.
I don't know who this child is. Ever since the new preschool she talks back and yells at us. Now all these bedtime issues. This is crazy. I have things to do at night, like school work. I can't sit outside her door for an hour or more, trying to get her to stay in bed. And I refuse to lay down with her or rub her back for 30 mins until she falls asleep - and that is not a guarantee either. She is almost 3 - we should be past this stage.
I am going to go completely crazy if we don't get this problem fixed and quick! Any ideas?
This one
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment