Sunday, January 25, 2009

Kate

I have a couple of recent things I need to share about Kate. She is so sweet. The other day I was playing with her in her room and said my feet were cold and I needed my slippers. She jumps up and says, "I will get your slippers." and runs off to my bedroom to get mommy's slippers. How cute! She loves to help. She will spray and wipe off the glass tables - love to Windex. She will help me put laundry in the machine and/or in dryer.

Then the funny one. This morning we had breakfast at First Watch. She ate a ton. As we were finishing, she says, "I need to pee-pee." So off we go to the bathroom. I actually thought she might need to poop - she had a funny look on her face. I get her on the toilet seat, she pees, I start to wipe, and then she says, "I need to poopy." So I back away, and she scrunches up her face, and says, "I am trying to push it out; it won't come." It was very funny b/c she said it quite loudly and had this funny look on her face. She did manage to poop. I think she was forcing it b/c her tummy was SO full.

This afternoon we had Caroline, one of Kate's sitters, come over. When we got home, Caroline wasn't sure if Kate had napped or not. Caroline says Kate was quiet in her room for at least an hour and half. If she wasn't asleep I don't know what she was doing. We tried asking Kate but first she told Caroline she did not sleep and then she told us she did take a nap. We aren't sure what to believe. Kate's teachers did mention to Todd the other day that Kate has been "making up" a few stories lately.

Yesterday we had Chick-fil-a and Kate loves their lemonade. After nap the big cup of unfinished lemonade was on the table. She had some but then we told her no more. Then she goes over and gets the lemonade again - when Todd questions her, since we just told her "no", she says, "Mommy wants some. I'm taking it to her." She did bring it to me (even though I did not ask) but of course took another drink before she gave it to me. I'm not sure what to think.

1 comment:

Beccaboo and family too said...

AAAHHHHH now that is cute!! Is Kate not into naps anymore? Zack is going on and off from taking them. I think it's cute she helps you or is even interested. Z "helps" with the dishwasher. We have "stories" now as well. He will talk and talk about something you were both just at and add things in. It is kind of funny to see how their minds work.
It's awesome you are rasing a compassionate child...too few of them out there, we need more like her.