OMG, I am flipping out over McCain's choice of Palin for VP. She is the type of politician that scares me - she is WAY too right of normal. I wasn't voting for McCain anyway - I preferred Hillary but I will settle for Obama. I never thought the VP choice was that important but I now I think - God Forbid McCain does get elected and then drops dead a year into office. We would be stuck with Palin - that frightens me! Anti-choice, abstinence-only (with preggo daughter, mind you), gun-loving hunter - just generally small-minded. And, just my own personal thing and petty I know, but she sure did pick some stupid names for her children.
I wasn't planning on getting involved at the ground level with this campaign but now I am thinking "how can I help get Obama elected?" Just voting in November is not enough any more. This country CANNOT have 4 more years of the same stupid Bush policies! All McCain and his people can talk about is war related stuff - we need out of Iraq now - never should have gotten involved in the first place. Hello??? People are losing jobs, can't pay their bills, and paying $4 for gas in non-fuel efficient cars. Think maybe we need to spend some more time and money here at home??!! Ugghh!
Ok, I must stop or I'll rant and rave all day. Going to the Y to work off some steam.
This one
15 years ago
1 comment:
How is Obama going to "change" this? He throws around the word and feed on the energy of the angry. NEW WORLD ORDER... well okay great but how are you going to change things. You have big goals...but no plans to get there.
I am going to be a millionaire but what steps have I taken to get there? How can he even be compared to a man who was a POW held even beyond his release date because he didn't want to leave his fellow POW. McCain is NOT Bush... Bush is an IDIOT. I rather have someone who has actual been to war running a war. Then one who has no idea what one is. Sorry but I am NOT an Obama fan. If the only reason people are voting for him is because he is not a republican that is plain ignorant. McCain is NOT a normal republican, and that is why I like him. Hell even the republican's don't like McCanin. They were so worried he was going to get the votes they started using star power and other means to distract people from him and onto Rudy. Obama has NO track record but some great speech writers. If you actually look at the voting records and history of the democrats in office you will see they typical screw the working man, and middle class. They are the ones giving themselves raises while the rest of us can even drive to the job we may not keep because we can't afford gas... and they can't afford to keep us on staff. Just because sterotypes say democrates are liberal and for the poor doesn't make it true. I am liberal and republican.
People need to pay MORE attention to their reps from their STATE then the president. They have more power then the ONE person in office. All the pres has is veto power. Plus I don't want a pres who says they aren't proud of their country (being not proud of policy is one thing but the county?) when we have someone who served their country with honor
Now lets look at the fact that Obama said he didn't want his daughters to be "punished" with a baby for making a mistake... As a mother I don't think ANY child is a punishment. Paulin's daughter made a mistake like how many hundreds of real teens. They are a REAL family with real problems and know first hand there are consiquences to decisions. Obama's comment to me says... well if they screw up we will cover it up and over look it so your little spirit isn't crushed and you never learn responsiblity. Wow, what a way to run a county.
If Paulin can care and ballance 5 kids (as a mom I know) she can ran an ballance a country.
SORRY just my opinion. We will have to agree to disagree.
Post a Comment