Tuesday, September 16, 2008

New stuff

In my second week of school and things are going well so far. I found a job listing this morning for exactly the type of position I want. It is an actual forensic accounting job - I am hoping they will take me since I am in school for that field. We will see.

Todd and I went to a parenting seminar sponsored by the YMCA last night. The speaker was John Rosemond. He has written several books and is a licensed psychologist. It was great - he talks about what he called a "retro-parenting" revolution. I really liked his ideas and he says the parents who try them have success. He talked about taking charge and being a leader that your children can look up to. He said the primary relationship in the family should be between husband and wife and not between any one parent and the child. Look him up if you are interested in more.

We also went to the movies and saw Burn After Reading - it was twisted and funny! I definitely recommend it. Brad Pitt was very funny as a personal trainer - a different role for him - I liked it.

No comments: