Thursday, May 7, 2009

Sweetie Belle has arrived

Sweetie Belle is Kate's reward for staying in bed at night, after lights out and we leave. Kate had to earn 10 stars on her "staying in bed" chart to earn Sweetie Belle, a My Little Pony 'doll'. Last night was star #10 - yay! After those couple of awful weeks, bedtime has improved. Kate actually seems tired and with not much fan-fair goes right to sleep. Thank God!! Not totally sure about her naps at school but from what I can gather, she is only napping about an hour to an hour and a half.

Other news - my mom is scouting out apartments for us. We sent her info on several places and she is going to see each one and reporting back. So far, so good. We sold our car yesterday - very exciting (and a bit scary). I figure other people live with only one car and we can too. Growing up we had only one car for at least the first seven years of my life.

We've given notice to Kate's preschool that we are leaving. They seem to think we are going to keep paying them until they find another child to fill her spot. This is their "policy". Like I told Todd and my mom, they can just come on up to KY and try to collect that tuition money. :) I can't wait to get her out of that school. Yesterday she came home with sand on her face, including all around her eyes, b/c one of the other kids threw sand in her face. I do not get these children - we never had issues like this at New Horizons. We will be very careful about her next preschool in KY.

No comments: