We got a sitter and Todd took me out last night - that was my Mother's Day present. We had a nice dinner where we took our time and I didn't have to cut up food for Kate. Then we caught the 8:45 pm showing of Wolverine - got to love Hugh Jackman [especially when he is running off naked :)]. Crazy us - didn't get to bed until almost midnight. Of course, just our luck Kate was up at 5:40 am this morning. Todd got up with her and let me sleep until 8:30 am. After I was up for a bit he went back to bed and I took Kate to WalMart. Now that Kate is in preschool we hardly ever go anywhere together, just the two of us. She used to do all the shopping with me, when I was home all day.
We skipped nap today and took her to the Tallahassee Museum, which is oddly named b/c it was nothing like a museum by my standards. It was more like a nature preserve with a few historical things thrown in. I would like to say it was fun but, for me, it was not really a good time. I am not much of an outdoor person anyway and it was hot today, about 90. We walked around in the heat for almost 3 hrs - I was totally wiped out. It was shady in many places and we sat down for a snack twice but still exhausting for me. Kate had fun - she loved the animals we saw - there was a bald eagle, panther, snakes, and farm animals.
This one
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment