Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Painted Pony and other Sunday stuff


For an early birthday celebration we took Kate to The Painted Pony farm in Monticello (see picture). It is just east of Tallahassee. She had a blast. She got 2 pony rides, a hay ride, to play in a big sand pile, to put her handprint in paint on a pony, and ice cream. She came home with a t-shirt and a $3 raffle prize that is a small pony figure that she named Charlie and is currently sleeping with. Next weekend we are going to "really" celebrate her birthday with a cake and presents and a trip to Build-A-Bear to make her own pink unicorn. I can hardly wait - I just know she will love it.

This morning we went to church, like most Sundays. We actually like the Rev. at this Unity Church better than the one we had in Palm Harbor. He is very deep in his topics and talks. He really makes you think - I like it. I just love Unity. If it weren't for Unity, I wouldn't go to any church at all. I feel I am a spiritual person and like to think of what most people call God as an all-compassing universal "power" that is in and around all of us. We are all our own God, in a manner of speaking. God is within each of us, not some being "out there somewhere" to be feared and unknowable. Religion is not the same thing as spiritual. Religions cause war and hate and fear and separate people from one another. Just my two cents for today...

1 comment:

Beccaboo and family too said...

YEAH KATE! My gosh her birthday IS comming up. It's amazing how fast things are going. Give her a HUGE hug and squeeze.
My mom showed me a CUTE picture that you sent. Kate is so beautiful. Her curls and eyes just pop.