Sunday, February 8, 2009

What's going on?

Every night I think about posting but every night I am tired and more importantly tired of the computer. I wonder what people did for communication before the Internet. Computers have been available to me my entire adult life. I live my whole life on a computer. I do my banking, talk to friends and relatives, go to school, and do my job - all online. I love the convenience but sometimes curse the electric "handcuffs". And, believe it or not, I am seriously considering getting a Blackberry b/c apparently I need to be even more connected than I am now. :)

I spent a good part of yesterday on the computer, compiling all our data for our taxes. I have expenses to categorize and we have our info in two places b/c we switched checking software mid-year - Yuck! I have downloads of credit cards and spreadsheets galore.

Different topic - we went shoe shopping for Kate yesterday. This last week it became apparent she really needed new shoes b/c her old ones were too small. Big moment - we have moved to the other side of Stride Rite b/c she now needs a size 9 shoe! Holy Cow! I couldn't believe it. We have a pair of 7 1/2 shoes that we bought in August and now she needs a 9. Of course we measured her the other day and she is now 38" and 32 lbs and mostly wearing a 4T. When Grandma visits in 2 weeks, we are going to have her buy another pair of shoes for Kate. Plus by next month Kate will need summer sandals too.

Spring semester is in full swing - so far, so good. Turned in our 1st group assignment tonight.

See Doc Holly again tomorrow - will post another health update in a few days.

Oh, and, my 20th high school reunion is this year. Just got an email regarding what we prefer for dates, etc. Plan to go - should be in Cincy in the fall.

No comments: