Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Frustrated!

Kate is sick again!!! I could just shoot myself. We have her on the herbal remedy plus a probiotic to help get her defenses up again. The last cold seemed to not last as long and last week she was definitely better. Now this morning it was runny nose and tonight a fever of 101. I feel like the worst mother in the world. What have I done to my child that she is so sick all the time? It is just not right. I love my job but I feel maybe preschool is what is causing all this. We are tossing around the idea of taking her out of school while Todd is not working. It would save us $612 per month plus maybe she would get better. One child in her class, Ty, has a permanent runny nose. I feel she just doesn't have a chance to ever really get better.

My mother, of course, wants to know what is wrong that Kate is sick all the time. She constantly reminds me how I was never sick as a child. Of course, she stayed home with me until I was seven and I didn't go to school until age 4 in Kindergarten but still. What is going on that today's children are so sick all the time? Something is not right.

Maybe Kate feels all the stress in our house from the lack of funds/Todd without a job. I really try to put on a happy face but Todd is very moody these days and constantly worried about what is going to happen to us. I understand, in a way, but worrying about the future doesn't help you solve today's problems.

Todd has been job hunting like crazy. He is working every contact he has and applying to jobs all over the country. Of course, that would be its own problem. We have negative equity in the house so we would have to short-sell, if we could sell at all. Even if we skip our mortgage payment, I don't make enough to cover all the other bills and expenses.

I just don't know what to do. I feel helpless - I can't make my child better and I can't find my husband a job.

No comments: