Ugh! I just hated it when I lose my cool with Kate. That child will push my buttons. She doesn't listen or do what she is told and I know better than to let it ride. I have to put her in time out the very first time she is not following directions. Well tonight I kept letting it slide, and finally I exploded and took all her new b-day presents away as punishment. She went crazy and started hitting me. After about the 15th hit, I spanked her bottom with my hand three times. That was the end of the hitting as she then started crying for real. It is never a good thing when she is tired (no nap day) and I am tired too (bad night for me last night). I've been yawning since about 3 pm today and she was sleepy from the minute I picked her up from school. Not to mention I've been edgy for a few days now, thanks to "that time" of the month. I feel terrible when I've punished her more than the 'crime'. She is only four and tired and I am supposed to be the grown-up. All I can do is hope to do better tomorrow.
We used to have many more nights like this one. I can say that, overall, things are getting better. I am controlling myself better and she is responding to time-outs and tixs.
Well, there is always tomorrow....
This one
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment